How do I get my name off the judgment register?

You can ask the Court to take your name off the Register if you can prove you have paid all that you owe within one month of the judgment date eg a letter from the claimant stating you have paid. The court will give you a certificate to prove you paid within one month but you will have a small fee to pay.

If you cannot pay off the whole sum within one month then you can ask the court to mark the Register as "satisfied" after you have made your final payment. This will show anyone who looks at the Register that you paid your debt. You will have a fee to pay and you will have to provide the court with proof that you have paid eg a letter from the claimant stating you have paid and the claim number.

The Registry Trust is responsible for maintaining the judgment registers, more information is available on their site Trust Online.

[return to questions and answers]