Post Office

Posting your Money Claim to Court

All money claims should be sent to the County Court Money Claims Centre (CCMCC)

Communicating with a non-payer or defendant

When using the Royal Mail to communicate with a non-payer or defendant if you choose to use Recorded Signed ForTM you should consider sending a duplicate copy with Certificate of Posting as the recipient may not be prepared to accept receipt. The duplicate copy will be posted with the standard mail.

Communicating with the CCMCC

When using the Royal Mail to communicate with the CCMCC we recommend you use either the free Certificate of Posting or the Special DeliveryTM Next Day.

Postcode / Address finder

Post Office branch opening hours


Post Office branch finder

Larger letter or packet?

For information on weight, size, mailing options

Certificate of posting

  • Take your packet to your nearest Post Office
  • Ask the counter clerk for a Certificate of Posting
  • Keep the form in a safe place along with your receipt, should you need to make a claim
  • This service is FREE

Recorded Signed ForTM

  • Proof of posting
  • Signature on delivery
  • Online confirmation of delivery
  • Prices from 95p plus normal postage

Special DeliveryTM Next Day

  • Guaranteed delivery before 1.00pm
  • Guaranteed Saturday Delivery for a small surcharge
  • 99% UK coverage
  • Online tracking
  • Electronic Proof of Delivery
  • Up to £2,500 compensation

We recommend you use Special DeliveryTM Next Day for packets sent to the CCMCC as this is a tracked service.

Special DeliveryTM 9.00am

  • Guaranteed delivery by 9.00am
  • Guaranteed Saturday Delivery for a small surcharge
  • Coverage across the UK
  • Online tracking
  • Electronic Proof of Delivery
  • Up to £2,500 compensation

Royal Mail Sameday®

  • Same day collection and delivery to most of the UK
  • 98% of collections within an hour
  • Online real-time satellite tracking
  • Email delivery confirmation
  • Compensation of up to £20,000 available
  • Get a quote online

Returned Mail

If you haven't put your address on the outside the envelope the Royal Mail will send it to the National Returned Letter Centre. They'll open the mail and return it to you if your name and address is inside. They will attach a sticker explaining why they couldn't deliver.

This process will take longer than a week.

We always recommend you put your postal address, but not your name, on the back of all posted communications to speed up the process of return.

What if the defendant refuses to take a signed for delivery from you?

We always recommend that you send a duplicate copy through the standard mail with Certificate of Posting so it is posted at the address.

The alternative is to use a Process Server. If the defendant is deliberately avoiding taking delivery we suggest you very respectfully request the court adds the cost of this service to your claim.