Money Claim Online (MCOL)

MCOL enables a claimant to request issue of a claim online via the Internet.

Contact by Post
Money Claim Online (MCOL)
4th floor
21-27 St Katherine's Street

t: 0300 123 1057 or 01604 619 402
f: 0870 324 0166

Contact by Document Exchange (DX)
Money Claim Online (MCOL)
DX 702885
Northampton 7

Monies should be made payable to "HM Courts & Tribunals Service"

You must have an address in England or Wales (or a service address in England and Wales if you live abroad) and an e-mail address to use MCOL and the defendant you are claiming against must also have an address in England or Wales.

MCOL is unable to accept an unspecified money claim. This is where you are asking for the amount to be awarded to be left to the Court to determine, for example unspecified damages for personal injury.

Your supported alternative to Money Claim Online (MCOL)

The small claims court has been created to be free of solicitors, however, not everyone is confident in making their own small claim. You still have to prove your claim to the satisfaction of the judge. MoneyClaimsUK are here to help produce and deliver your letter before action, fulfil your pre-court obligations, supply proportionate alternative dispute resolution, issue your notice of intent to issue proceedings to the defendant, draft your N1 claim form, and guide you through default judgment, directions questionnaire, summary judgment, reply to defence and enforcement of your judgment.

The pre-action® ADR® service ensures pre-action compliance and fulfils your pre-court obligations, prior to commencing County Court proceedings and continues all the way through your money claim to post judgment enforcement.

As from 1 April 2013, the small claims track limit has increased to £10,000 (except for personal injury and housing claims). Accordingly, all claims issued after that date will be allocated to the small claims court. The fast track limit has been amended to cover cases between £10,000 and £25,000.

The forecast increase in the number of small claims and the inability to recover costs is expected to mean more Litigants in Person. Litigants in person will not necessarily understand the legal process or be able to succinctly address the court so for many the process could be prolonged.

Start Claim

I have a County Court Judgment (CCJ), what next?

Once judgment has been obtained then assuming that the judgment debt is not paid within the terms stipulated within the judgment, then a judgment creditor will need to consider how to compel payment. This is enforcement.

Learn More