How can I find out if I have a judgment registered against me?

If you are not sure whether any judgments have been registered against you or by which court, you can search the Register.

You can do this online visiting or by sending a request form or a letter to the Registrar:

Registry Trust Ltd
153 – 157 Cleveland Street
London W1T 6QW

You will have to pay a fee. You should make your cheque or postal order for the fee payable to Registry Trust Ltd. You can get more information at Trust Online.

Registry Trust will send you details of any entries they have against your name and address. The details will include:

  • The amount and date of the judgment
  • The name of the court where the judgment was given
  • The claim number

[return to questions and answers]