Already have an Attachment of Earnings Order?

You can ask the court to consolidate, or join the orders. A consolidated attachment of earnings order means that your employer will make one payment from your wages to cover all the orders and can only take £1 per deduction towards expenses.

Write to your local court and give the case numbers of all your AEOs you want consolidating and if your orders are not in your local court include the names of the courts. You do not have to pay a fee for a consolidation order but you will still have to pay a fee for the court to look after the order for you but this will be added to the money you owe. You do not have to pay the whole fee in one go.

You cannot include an AEO made to collect maintenance for a partner or for children.

[return to questions and answers]