My County Court Judgment is over 6 years old, can I get it enforced?

Your original County Court Judgment (CCJ) could only be enforced for up to 6 years after it was awarded by the Court.

However, you can re-apply to your original Court to get permission to enforce a judgment that it is more than 6 years old.

Use Form N446 Request for Re-issue of Enforcement or an order to obtain information from judgment debtor (not warrant) or Form N445 Request for Reissue of Warrant.

Ask the Court for the rate of interest you are allowed to charge for the first 6 years that the judgment debtor failed to pay. You will not be allowed to charge any further interest past 6 years.

[return to claimant scenarios]