What if the judgment debtor does not attend take an oath or answer questions at an order to attend questioning?

The court officer will note these things on a certificate. The certificate will be passed to a Circuit Judge together with the affidavit(s) dealing with service, travelling expenses and the outstanding balance. If the judge is satisfied, from the documentation, that the judgment debtor (or officer) has not complied with the order to attend for questioning, the judge will order the issue of a suspended committal order. The order will be in Form N79a (suspended committal order)

[return to questions and answers]