What do I do if I accept the defendants offer?

If you and the defendant agree on the amount owed, you can ask the court to order the defendant to pay you this amount (including the fee you paid when issuing the claim). This is known as "entering judgment on admission" and does not cost anything.

If you claimed a specified amount you will need to complete the bottom section of the Notice of Issue and send this to the court.

If you claimed an unspecified amount of money, complete the Notice of Admission and send it to the court.

When the court has received your request, they will complete a "judgment for claimant" which gives the defendant details of the money they owe. Both you and the defendant will receive copies of this judgment.

[return to questions and answers]