How do I stop the closure of a limited company or limited liability partnership that owes me money?

A company cannot request to be closed / dissolved under Section 1003 of the Companies Act 2006 if it is subject to any legal proceedings, current or proposed.

If you are proposing issuing court proceedings for a debt or have started proceedings write to Companies House giving as much detail as you can and send a copy of your letter to the defendant/their solicitor.

[return to questions and answers]