The County Court at Manchester

As of 19th March 2012 your local court is no longer able to accept your claim form, instead paper claim forms are processed by the County Court Money Claims Centre (CCMCC), you can also file your claim online using Money Claim Online (MCOL). Claimants filing bulk claims can use the County Court Business Centre (CCBC) and those filing a claim for Possession use Possession Claim Online (PCOL).

Here at MoneyClaimsUK through our pre-action® ADR® service we ensure you comply with your pre-court obligations, prior to commencing County Court proceedings and give continued support all the way through your claim to post judgment enforcement.

The County Court at Manchester

Manchester Civil Justice Centre
1 Bridge Street West
Greater Manchester
M60 9DJ

Contact by Post
Manchester Civil Justice Centre
1 Bridge Street West
Greater Manchester
M60 9DJ

Contact by Document Exchange (DX)
DX 724783 Manchester 44

Monies should be made payable to "HM Courts & Tribunals Service"

Enquiries: 0161 240 5000
County Court Money Claims Centre: 0300 123 1372
Admin court: 0161 240 5313
Adoption: 0161 240 5423
Bailiffs: 0161 240 5457
Bankruptcy: 0161 240 5330
Civil orders: 0161 240 5300
County Court listing: 0161 240 5207
Chancery: 0161 240 5307
Divorce: 0161 240 5424
Enforcement: 0161 240 5322
Family queries: 0161 240 5431
Urgent family queries: 0161 240 5420
High Court: 0161 240 5305
Issue: 0161 240 5329
Small claims mediation: 01604 795511
Technology and construction: 0161 240 5309
Personal support unit: 0161 240 5037
Bailiffs fax: 01264 785 033
County Court fax: 01264 785032
Family fax: 01264 785031
High Court fax: 01264 785034
Money claims fax: 0161 743 4023

Admin court:
Care cases:
Civil listing:
Family queries:
Personal support unit:
Queen's Bench:
Technology and construction:

Opening Times
Court building open: Monday to Friday 8:30 am 5pm
Bailiffs Office: 8am to 10am
Court counter open: 10am to 2pm (High Court and Administrative Court 4pm)
Telephones: 9am to 5pm

Areas of Law
Adoption, bankruptcy, children, civil partnership, divorce, domestic violence, forced marriage, high court, money claims, repossession

The supported approach to making your claim

The small claims court has been created to be free of solicitors, however, not everyone is confident in making their own small claim. You still have to prove your claim to the satisfaction of the judge. MoneyClaimsUK are here to help produce and deliver your letter before action, fulfil your pre-court obligations, supply proportionate alternative dispute resolution, issue your notice of intent to issue proceedings to the defendant, draft your N1 claim form, and guide you through default judgment, directions questionnaire, summary judgment, reply to defence and enforcement of your judgment.

As from 1 April 2013, the small claims track limit has increased to £10,000 (except for personal injury and housing claims). Accordingly, all claims issued after that date will be allocated to the small claims court. The fast track limit has been amended to cover cases between £10,000 and £25,000.

The forecast increase in the number of small claims and the inability to recover costs is expected to mean more Litigants in Person. Litigants in Person will not necessarily understand the legal process or be able to succinctly address the court so for many the process could be prolonged.

The pre-action® ADR® service ensures pre-action compliance and fulfils your pre-court obligations, prior to commencing County Court proceedings and continues all the way through your money claim to post judgment enforcement.

Start Claim

I have a County Court Judgment (CCJ), what next?

Once judgment has been obtained then assuming that the judgment debt is not paid within the terms stipulated within the judgment, then a judgment creditor will need to consider how to compel payment. This is enforcement.

Learn More