The County Court at Bridgend

As of 19th March 2012 your local court is no longer able to accept your claim form, instead paper claim forms are processed by the County Court Money Claims Centre (CCMCC), you can also file your claim online using Money Claim Online (MCOL). Claimants filing bulk claims can use the County Court Business Centre (CCBC) and those filing a claim for Possession use Possession Claim Online (PCOL).

Here at MoneyClaimsUK through our pre-action® ADR® service we ensure you comply with your pre-court obligations, prior to commencing County Court proceedings and give continued support all the way through your claim to post judgment enforcement.

The County Court at Bridgend

The Law Courts
South Wales
CF31 4AJ

Contact by Post
The Law Courts
South Wales
CF31 4AJ

Contact by Document Exchange (DX)
DX 99750 Bridgend 2

Monies should be made payable to "HM Courts & Tribunals Service"

County Court: 01656 673 833
County Court fax: 0870 739 5940
Small claims mediation: 01604 795511
County Court Money Claims Centre: 0300 123 1372
Money claims fax: 0161 743 4023
Magistrates' court: 01656 673 800
Magistrates' court fax: 0870 7394380
Pay a fine: 0300 790 9980
Fine queries: 01633 645 112
Fixed penalties: 01639 605784

Magistrates' court:
Small claims mediation:

Opening Times
County Court open: Monday to Friday 9am until close of business
Magistrates' Court open: 9am to 4pm
County Court enquiries counter: 10am to 2pm
Bailiff counter open: 9am to10am

Areas of Law
Bankruptcy, children, divorce, domestic violence, high court, repossession

The supported approach to making your claim

The small claims court has been created to be free of solicitors, however, not everyone is confident in making their own small claim. You still have to prove your claim to the satisfaction of the judge. MoneyClaimsUK are here to help produce and deliver your letter before action, fulfil your pre-court obligations, supply proportionate alternative dispute resolution, issue your notice of intent to issue proceedings to the defendant, draft your N1 claim form, and guide you through default judgment, directions questionnaire, summary judgment, reply to defence and enforcement of your judgment.

As from 1 April 2013, the small claims track limit has increased to £10,000 (except for personal injury and housing claims). Accordingly, all claims issued after that date will be allocated to the small claims court. The fast track limit has been amended to cover cases between £10,000 and £25,000.

The forecast increase in the number of small claims and the inability to recover costs is expected to mean more Litigants in Person. Litigants in Person will not necessarily understand the legal process or be able to succinctly address the court so for many the process could be prolonged.

The pre-action® ADR® service ensures pre-action compliance and fulfils your pre-court obligations, prior to commencing County Court proceedings and continues all the way through your money claim to post judgment enforcement.

Start Claim

I have a County Court Judgment (CCJ), what next?

Once judgment has been obtained then assuming that the judgment debt is not paid within the terms stipulated within the judgment, then a judgment creditor will need to consider how to compel payment. This is enforcement.

Learn More